As at 26th October 2017
- At Marsello, we respect the privacy of all our Users, whether they are Consumers or Merchants, and in particular, we are committed to protecting any information we hold about Users that is “personal information”.
- Information collected by Marsello
- If you are a Consumer, we will collect personal information from you (via third party providers), including but not limited to, your name, email address, age, gender, location, products and/or services you purchase, the Merchant through whom you made the purchase, the value of your purchase and your use and activity of the Service.
- If you are a Merchant, we will collect personal information you from you, including but not limited to, contact name, contact details and address(es).
- How information is collected by Marsello
- If you are a Consumer, we will collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- when you register and are approved as a Consumer with a Merchant;
- when you use of any Merchants’ promotions and rewards offered to you;
- when you make a purchase from a Merchant (with whom you have registered);
- any further information supplied in connection with your membership; and
- We collect personal information about Consumers so that we can optimise and improve the promotions and rewards that Marsello suggests to Merchants, which the Merchants may then offer to Consumers (at the Merchant’s discretion). Collecting this information enables Marsello to let Merchants know what type of promotions and rewards Consumers like and actually use so that they can offer Consumers targeted promotions.
- Marsello will use personal information it collects from Users to improve its business processes, such as security, speed and information systems. This will assist Marsello in providing a better service to Users.
- Marsello will use personal information it collects from Users in order to produce reports and summarise research data. These findings may be shared with Merchants (with whom a Consumer may or may not be registered) and/or third parties. However, Marsello will ensure that such findings, if shared, will not identify any individual personally i.e., there will not be personal information provided to Merchants (with whom a Consumer may or may not be registered) and/or a third party, unless consent has otherwise been given.
- Marsello will only disclose personal information relating to a Consumer to the Merchants with which that Consumer is registered (except to the extent set out above).
- Marsello will employ procedural and technological measures, to protect any personal information it holds regarding Users. Such measures are designed to protect Users’ personal information from loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Users have the right to request personal information which Marsello holds about you and to request that the personal information be corrected if it is incorrect. To do so, please use the Marsello Platform or through the following (as applicable):
Post: Collect Limited
PO Box 24254
- We comply with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, which imposes restrictions on sending emails and other types of commercial electronic messages.
- Marsello may occasionally send Users e-mails or other communications containing information regarding their account, Website updates and Marsello Platform maintenance (as relevant). Users can opt out of receiving such communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link, which will exist in any such communications.
- In addition, Merchants may send Consumers e-mails or other communications in relation to that Merchant’s promotions and rewards available to the Consumer. Consumers may opt-out of receiving such communications from any/all Merchants.
- Merchants may not promote their business through unsolicited e-mailing, newsgroup postings or any other method of mass communication using any information that has been provided to it by Marsello.
- When a User browses the Website, online advertising networks Marsello work with may place anonymous cookies on a Users’ computer and use similar technologies.
- Marsello uses this data in order to understand Consumers’ interests based on their online activities, and thus to tailor more relevant advertisements to Consumers’ through third party tools.
- If a Consumer does not wish to receive such tailored advertising (and disable cookies), please contact email@example.com. (This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.)
- In these terms and conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings, unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Marsello, we, us, our” means Marsello Limited.
- “Marsello Platform” means the Website and the Application.
- “Consumer” means a person, who has registered and been approved by the Merchant to receive the benefit of the Service.
- “Merchant” means any retailer approved by Marsello that has signed up to participate in the Service.
- “Privacy Act” means the Privacy Act 1993.
- “User” means any Consumer or Merchant
- “Service and Services” has the meaning set out in clause 1 of the Merchant Terms and Consumer Terms.
- “Website” means any Marsello website or page derived from www.marsello.com.